Monday, September 22, 2008

my big project

So since I am unemployed, I decided that I was sick of looking at the huge ugly mound in our front yard. This morning, I was just going to clean it up, pull all the weeds, and fix the rocks that had fallen down and had weeds growing up in between the rocks, but after starting just that, I decided that more needed to be done. Since I ain't working, I have nothing but free time on my hands! LOL I called Adam to find out what he thought, because we are unsure if the well is hidden under this thing. He thought it would be fine, just to be a bit careful! I figure I started about 11am, took about a 30 minute lunch break, chatted on the phone a few times in between, had to jump the car because I had worn the battery down listening to it while working but otherwise I worked til about 4pm when the boys got home. These are my before and after pictures for today. I decided I am going to take down all the rocks around this thing (wow there are even some buried) then use them as the perimeter of a beautiful flower bed like at my mother-in-laws! I am sure this will take me a bit, but I hate the mound that was there before. I was talking to Dawn from my work today and I told her what I was doing. Her and I joked that it would look like I was burring a body...I said, oh my what if that is what is under this mound?!?! Scary! LOL Anyways, here is my progress. I will take a picture after another full day of working on it. I wanted to take Bryce bike riding tonight while the other 2 go to football practice, plus lots of shows start tonight, so I worked the afternoon and called it quits. Plus it was hurting my back!

Before I started.......my ugly mound that was here when we moved in!

another before!

After about 5 hours of work!

Another after 5 hours of work picture!

Tootles

~SHERRI~

8 comments:

Cheryl and Doug said...

Wow what a project. I am glad you think my flower garden is pretty but I think it still needs lots of work and could be better. Good luck and cant wait to see some after pictures. I would have some flowers to share and I'm sure my mother would also. LOL

sherri and Adam said...

lol thanks for sharing flowers.....I'm kind of excited and think it will be a HUGE improvement! I think we have both always hated that huge mound but we are still leary that the well spicket will be under there someplace...but that's ok, I can hide it with flowers....

Mingok said...

Sherri, sounds like a good project for you to do while off work! Your Dad has way to many flowers since we moved & they have multiplied so we'll have some for you also! It was a sad looking thing with all the weeds, just remember the weeds grow even when you get it all cleaned up, so you have to stay with it & keep pulling weeds!Keep going it can only improve! Love, MOM & DAD

sherri and Adam said...

if I turn it into a pretty landscape, something that I like, I will put some neat things in it and keep it up...I hated that thing before so I never really did anything to it....it was a site for sore eyes if ya ask me! It looks so sad in those pictures, LOL

Robin Roberts said...

Wow. That looks like man-work. Good for you.

sherri and Adam said...

LOL Robin...you crack me up! I am bored at home and always looking for a project and since it's going to be such a beautiful week, I decided now was the time to get that huge mound out of the front yard! It's lots of work, but should be worth it!

Dawn said...

Aye carumba! What a job. At least you're not sitting around moping! Kudos to you. (I'd be a blob and do nothing)

sherri and Adam said...

Dawn~ believe me, I woke up this morning thinking...what the heck did I start that for?!?! Now I have to finish it, LOL. It is so much work, but yeah it will be worth it. I could be sitting around getting fat...AHHH I don't wanna do that, b/c then I'd just eat!....you on the other hand have every right to just sit around and get "fat" hehehe