Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 3 of my big project...and a confusing sign

Ok, so I met up with Dawn and some good friends we made at the party store for lunch today. 1 of them asked us about the sign they saw at the credit union today....hmmmm no clue. He told us what it said, and that of course got us all talking. From what we have gathered, Mike Trombley (previous owner of the party store and current owner and landlord of the credit union) put a sign up and is looking into either moving the store to the corner where the credit union is currently, when they move across M46...OR...he is looking into buying the store and re-opening it! Problem with him moving it is as follows.....the credit union will not be moved into the new building until June 1st (they haven't even broke ground on the new building yet.) He'd have to put gas tanks in the ground which is quite expensive. The liquor license got stripped from Norm and is currently with whomever buys the store, and to get a liquor license in Tuscola county could take upwards of 2 years...meaning opening a store with no beer (not gonna happen!) I am NOT sitting around waiting til July to get back to work and neither is Dawn. I most certainly would enjoy working for Mike IF he's going to re-open in the old store and get the ball moving soon...but I just can't stay on unemployment (well I could) for that long...I'd go crazy and thats too long to go with a minimal amount of money every week! So here is the sign that was just put out in front of the credit union last night. (Mike was caught by a few friends putting it up)


Now onto a lighter note. I didn't get any yard work done til Adam got home. I had a few errands to run after lunch and I picked the boys up from school then did home work. Once Adam got home and while dinner was cooking, we went full force in the front yard. We finished leveling it out and put rocks around the perimeter. We also moved the rest of the huge rocks from the front yard so the lawn can be mowed. I then planted the 2 mums (in REESE colors) I ordered from Dawn's daughter in my new flower bed. I am so ready for flowers now, and want to find a cute 5 foot or 6 foot tree that cascades down. I heard a cascading peach tree is pretty, but who knows. Adam is also going to take the 2 big rocks we inherited from his grandpa Stoney into the new flower bed as the center pieces! I love the way this turned out and am very proud of it! I put a lot of hard work and sweat into this, and am very glad to be done! PHEW! Hope you all think its a great as I do! I'll post 1 before picture that was already posted so you can see what it used to look like! UGH I never did find the well either, so hopefully I don't dig too deep while planting flowers and hit it!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BEFORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ hidious!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AFTER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Tootles
~SHERRI~

5 comments:

Mingok said...

WOW it Looks GREAT,FANTASTIC,WONDERFUL, MUCH MUCH better than that UGLY mound!! LOVE ya, MOM

sherri and Adam said...

LOL Thanks mom! I am quite proud of all my hard work. I guess I can say I acclomplished something after my job closed! : )

Cheryl and Doug said...

I can't believe how good it looks! You must feel very proud. Enjoy it much over the next few years. Will help will flowers if you want...

sherri and Adam said...

Would love help with flowers. I've learned its in the sun almost all day LOL until later in the evening, so we need to consider that, but that you for your comment! i am very proud of it!

Robin Roberts said...

Beautiful