Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boys games this weekend

I know it's Tuesday and I am finally finding time to post pictures on here about their football and soccer games, but that's only because my life was turned up-side down Friday night! Anyways.....at 11am, Bryce had his first soccer game in U8. This is a big step because there are no girls and there are goalies! He was goalie first which he LOVED doing! They put a shirt on top of their regular game shirt so you know who the goalie is, so of course I had to snap a few pictures!

Bryce in the goalie shirt!



Bryce blocking the goal!



After being goalie for the 1st quarter, he was defender for the 2nd two, then he went to offence. While on defence, he scored 2 goals!!! He was the only boy on their team to make 2! They won 5-0 (maybe 5-1...I don't remember!) It was so exciting. Plus he is the youngest on his team, because we kind of had an option with his birthday to either bump him this year to U8 or not to. We choose to because we wanted him to get a challenge! WTG Bryce!!! We have another soccer game Thursday night!


After Bryce's soccer game, we headed to Vassar for football! Drew is number 10 in the picture. We sat in the bleachers, they have cheerleaders, they announce all the team mates...it was really neat! We didn't know what was going to happen, so it was pretty exciting! Vassar JV1 (Drew's team) played against Frankenmuth JV. We ended up loosing 22-0 but I think it was a HUGE learning experience. Drew's team doesn't do much throwing nor much defence while at practice and I think that's what hurt us. He did have practice last night, but I typically stay home and have dinner ready when they get home, so I don't know how much they practice those items. He plays at 7pm in Caro this Saturday night (their game under the lights) so it should be really neat if anyone is sitting around doing nothing! I don't know much about football, but I know he is the hiker! LOL He did get a great block, and I am "paying" a friend for a great picture he took of that block, so I will post that once I get it! Great job Drew on your very first ever football game! It was so exciting to see you out there playing, and to hear them announce your name!

Number 10...sorry so blurry (had to zoom in so much)

GL at your games this week. Bryce plays Thursday at 6pm and Saturday at 10am in Frankenmuth and Drew plays at 7pm on Saturday in Caro!

Tootles
~SHERRI~

1 comment:

Mingok said...

Do you have a schedule for Drews games?? MOM