Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tuesday nights happenings...

So yesterday , after school, the boys did home work, and I got them ready for a night at the soccer fields and ball diamonds. When Adam got home, Bryce and I headed to the "muth" where Mr. Show off's foot was at 100% again!! Bryce did AMAZING!! He got a goal, that shocked just about everyone. He went towards the net, and stopped the ball with his foot, to back it up, and redirect it around a boy, and kicked it in!! As I was texting Adam to tell him he scored, he scored again!!! As that one was sending, he scored again!!! The texts I sent Adam looked just like this....text 1...Bryce just got an awesome goal, redirecting at around a kid (6:31pm) text 2...He just scored again (6:33pm)...text 3...and again!! (6:33pm) Adam's reply was 3 goals??? After his first goal, his asst. coach asked me if his foot was better, and I said he's back to about 100%. After the 3rd goal, she asked what I fed him tonight? I replied with 4 chicken tenders with ranch. She then said, for the rest of his life, before every game, he gets 4 chicken tenders with ranch. It was too funny. Bryce was then put on defence, which kind of bummed him out. But they ended up winning 8-0. Sometimes we need to let the other team get a goal in as well. Especially when 1 of the girls on the other team has been a class mate of his for 2 years!! While walking to the van, excited and ready to call Grandma KayKay, I realized the set of keys I had were not the ones I should have. Mine were locked in the van, along with my spare (in my purse) AHHH I called a wrecker and he was out in about 10 minutes. Happened to be a guy that comes see me at work often. Bummer!! O well, thats what I pay my insurance for!!

Bryce and I ran thru McDonalds drive - thru and we were off to Reese to watch Drew's game that had already started. We showed up at the bottom of the 1st. We were down 0-9 before we got up. We got 5 runs in the 1st inning, making it 5-9. The 2nd inning, we got 3 runs, they got 0. 8-9. 3rd inning, they got 1 run, we got 4.....12-10!!! (We're up!!) 4th inning, they didn't score, and that was that. The game was called for time. (9pm.) WE WON!!! The first inning they had gone thru their line up once and were on the way thru it a 2nd time so it took a long time (although we missed the bad part.) Drew struck out the first time he was up, although we were still very happy, b/c he was swinging the bat! The 2nd time he was up, he got walked. (good eye buddy) On over thrown pitches, he stole 2nd, 3rd and home where he had to SLIDE!!!!!! He did GREAT and was SAFE!!! He did slide just a bit too early, and had to scoot his foot up a bit to get the base, but he was none the less safe!! My heart was beating!! I think I was more nervous then he was. We definitely froze sitting out there, but it was a GREAT evening!!

We are extremely proud of both our boys!! We were off for home and into bed by about 9:15pm. Tonight consists of t-ball practice and concession stand work (adam ~ ty baby) Tomorrow we get to repeat Tuesday night, except Drew has an early game that we won't make it to. He plays at 5:30 and Bryce plays at 6:00. (hopefully I don't repeat the keys being locked in the van)

Thanks to "G" and Papa for weathering the cold and coming to watch both boys play!! Its great that they have such loyal and faithful fans in you two!

Tootles
~SHERRI~

No comments: