Monday, October 6, 2008

Our fun filled Sunday!

Sunday morning started out wonderful, as Bryce lost his 2nd tooth. It was wiggly for awhile, and he finally pulled it out. So now he has a big gap on the bottom of his mouth, as both teeth came from the bottom middle! He is too cute and growing up too fast. He came down with $1.00 this morning and was very excited!

About 1pm, we met my dad at the Trinity Cemetery in Reese with his splitter and split the huge pieces of wood that had been cut up. They filled our truck and my dads truck, and on the VERY last piece they were splitting, Adam's hand slid down in between the wood and the splitter, and down the arm went to split the wood. My dad was running the splitter and had NO idea his hand went down there until Adam yelled UP UP UP!!! My dad took it up, and Adam yanked his hand out. His finger had been crushed! THE VERY LAST PIECE!!! AHHH We wrapped it in napkin, hooked the splitter onto our truck and took off for home to change vehicles. We dropped Bryce off at Drew's friends house where Drew was at, and Adam and I were off to St. Mary's Med Express. The crushing happened about 3:20pm, and we didn't leave St. Mary's til about 7pm. He got a tetanus shot, and I think he said 4 x-rays. They numbed his finger because it was cut pretty bad, and he stitched that up with 7 stitches. He also broke the end of his finger. It's a clean break, but it goes on a diagonal at the very tip, even further down then his last knuckle. We stopped and saw my mom at the pumpkin farm where she is working for the season, where she told me my dad called her and was crying, because he was running the arm, and feels terrible. I do want him to know it was an accident and it is NOT his fault! We grabbed the boys, went home for them to shower, and I was off to get his medicine. Our prescriptions can only be filled at rite aids, so I took off to Caro. I found out the only rite aid pharmacy opened past 6:30pm is the one off 675 where we just were. So I was off to that one. Today we have to call a Plastic Surgeon to see what he wants to do about the broken tip off his finger. I don't see that they would just let it heal, because it seems like it would just hang there, but because of the trauma to his finger and the 7 stitches, it is so swelled up! I don't know how much sleep I got last night, but I know it wasn't much. I finally got Adam to climb into bed about 12:30am after falling asleep in the chair. Once he was in bed, I kept rolling over to see if he was sleeping, and waiting for him to punch me and tell me he needed another pain pill. I also kept looking at his finger and thinking this was all a bad dream! NOPE he woke up with a HUGE wrapped middle finger, so he looks like he is always flipping me off! LOL He has a great attitude about it, but gosh I feel so bad for him. He even went to work today until I call the plastic surgeon! What a trooper! I guess the 2 best things out of all this is that it WAS my dad running the arm and not Bryce who may have just kept going down when Adam yelled UP UP UP! And he broke the finger on his left hand, and he is right handed! I will spare you the picture I snapped before the Dr. came in b/c it's pretty gross, but I have a pretty cool 1 on my phone that isn't gross if anyone wants to see that. It's of the break! Please say an extra prayer for Adam today that he be strong when going to the plastic surgeon as I know he is going to play with that finger that is hurting so bad and that IF he needs surgery to put the bone back on, that all goes well with that. I of course will keep everyone UTD! Thanks guys!
Tootles
~SHERRI~

No comments: