Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Highlights of the last couple days....




Friday was my birthday, I was suppose to be off, but with all the snow...I switched days and took Thursday off instead. So I worked on my birthday from 5:30a-2p..oh well. Adam, the boys, my sister-in-law and I went to Applebees for dinner. The boys had another snow day and got to spend the day with Grandma KayKay (good thing she retired!!!)



Saturday Drew had a basketball tourney in Caro. They played against a caro 5th grade team and won...then played against a different caro team and lost in a "double over time shoot out" (Drew scored)...then played against the 1st caro team, and we lost again. Drew ended up with 2 baskets and 1 free throw all day!! (Today was the first time he's scored all season!!) He was fouled a few times, and actually made another basket, but the whistle was blown before the basket, so it didn't count!! Ugh all these rules, lol. He had a great time and really loves playing.



Saturday night we went to the Papesh house. We played apples to apples junior (we bought that b/c its easier for the boys...but mommy likes it too), guitar hero, rock band and the wii. We had lots of laughs, and just a great time. I thought it was awsome to hang out with them. I really miss seeing the boys everyday. Austin was the life of the party. Apparently he loves beer, LOL. J/K. He made Adam and I laugh so much. I even put him in his jammies (I used to get him dressed all the time) so that took me back about a year and a half. I can't believe it's been that long since I watched them. Austin beat Bryce at wii bowling...hehehe. Bryce was shocked b/c Bryce is the big bowler in the Brechtelsbauer house. Playing rock band was really neat. We had played it at the stores during some Christmas shopping, but never at a house with the foot pedal for the drums. That seemed to be the biggest problem for the little guys. Dawn sang every song, and the kids (including Joe) took turns on the drums and guitars. Dawn is a GREAT singer!!! Dawn also got beat by an 11 year old at guitar hero...hehehe. She says it was the wine...(not sure I believe that, LOL) Over all we had a great time. Can't wait to plan another one. This time at the Brechtelsbauer house.



Sunday, I had to work...nothing too fun and exciting about that.



Monday...while at work, it was very exciting, but not much fun. It all started when the toilet was frozen...so I put an out of order sign on it. A little while later, I looked under the counter (where water pipes go) and there was ice on our papers. I realized there were icicles hanging down. So while on the phone with Dawn (from work) we decided to put a heater under there. It wasn't under there but 3 minutes and the water EXPLODED!!! THANK GOODNESS a very regular customer was there, and he figured out how to shut the water off in the whole store. But not before the store basically flooded with about an inch of water....less as it started to spread all over. It was a mess. Dawn came up, and helped me clean, but then realized my feet were soaked and frozen, she ran home to get me clean socks and some dry shoes. My shoes were dripping!!! The plumber came and fixed the pipe that had burst, but wow did we have a mess. There was water everywhere. Norm (the owner) is VERY lucky that it happened while someone was there and not at night. It really could have been much worse. For about 2 months (a little while ago) I had the worst Mondays. I would always joke with Dawn that everything awful happened when I was there, but then things got better and I'd have great days. Well yesterday put the icing on the cake!!! It was probably the worst day. What bothered me even worse is while we were looking for a way to shut the water off in the store, customers were still coming in and expecting me to wait on them. Water was gushing out all over and they seemed to care less. UGH (men and their beer!!!)

1 comment:

Cheryl and Doug said...

I look forward to your updates. Sounds like great fun for you and the family. You have a great life.