Thursday, February 7, 2008

All this lovely snow






Yesterday the boys got out of school at 1pm. As we were driving home, at the corner of Gilford and VanBuren, we did a spin out and went into someones front yard. I yelled "hold on" but Drew yelled, "yeah, this is fun." I was all freaked out. We tried going back and forth a few times, but got no where. A vehicle came down and the lady asked if we needed help. I said yes, and she backed into the driveway, and came to help, along with Mrs. Tetil and her husband (a teacher at Reese Elementary school.) PHEW!!! With the 3 of them pushing me back and forth, we finally got out!!! That was scary!! Carma came and bit me in the arse because I had just said to the boys, "mom wanted to pick you up on a day like today, because your safer in here then the bus!!" Plus, there was a high school kid that had spun out into a field...by how far in the field he was, he was going way too fast. But I had told the boys..."them high school kids don't know how to drive on roads like this" then we spin out!!! AHHHH



Anyways, after getting to work 10 minutes late. Adam came and got the boys, and I worked with Kirbie while watching the news and listening to customers come in and tell us how bad the roads were, and asking when we were closing. Very suprisingly we were BUSY!!! About 7pm, I text the owner after hearing the side roads had close to a foot on them. He said we could close at 9pm... OOHHH 1 hr early. We were both a little mad, because we didnt want to drive on the roads. I called Dawn who has 4 wheel drive and she came up with her 21 yr old son. She sent both Kirbie and I home at 8pm. After Kirbie and I pushed each other out of the parking lot (drifts behind our cars were redicilious), off we went. I walked in my house at 9:02pm. WOW over an hour to get home. I was white nuckled all the way!!! I did say a prayer before I left, just asking God to watch over me and get me home safe. A few times I thought about calling Adam and saying, I was DONE!!! I almost pulled into Kenny and Stacie Bensons house, and was going to crash for the night. I did see a wrecker pulling 1 vehicle out of the field, 2 other cars in fields, and another truck pulled off to the side, quite possibly just letting me go thru, since Bradleyville was down to barly 1 lane.



Anyways, after already knowing Reese had closed school, the boys and I slept in. Molly's vet called and wanted me to reschedule!! Dawn called me and wanted to switch shifts, so I didn't have to drive again today. So I took the day off, and will work tomorrow on my 31st birthday...oh well.



The boys and I really enjoyed all the snow, other then trying to either shovel or snowblow. We got "G" and Papa's snowmobile out and got it stuck in a drift. Tough work digging that thing out, but I got my work out, and got it unstuck. We tied a rope and sled to it, and went all over in the fields and yard. Both boys drove it for the first time. Of course with mom on the back. They did great in the fields, but with the huge drifts in the yard, mom didn't want to get stuck again, and she took over!! Both boys got drumped out once on the sled, LOL (bad mommy) but both came up just a giggling and ran back to the sled.



Molly LOVED the snow. Daisey HATED it!!! You sure can tell who is the puppy and who is the old fart, LOL. Molly was outside for a long time today, running up and down a big drift in the fenced in doggie area!!! What a wonderful funfilled day we had. Too bad it looks like school and work will be back in session tomorrow!!! Oh well, too much fresh air and tough work, and this ole lady wouldn't be much fun!!!



Hope everyone else enjoyed the snow day as much as we did!

4 comments:

Cheryl and Doug said...

Thanks for you snow update and pcs. What a wonderful day once you got home and could stay. Have a great birthday.

Dawn said...

Wow! So much snow fun! I think we should go to YOUR house tomorrow. ;) But if you want to meet up here that is ok too. Call me after work!

Dawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sherri! Now I feel like a crumb for talking to you yesterday without telling you Happy Birthday. DOH!

sherri and Adam said...

LOL it's ok...been awhile since we've been "together" on everyone's birthdays. I forgot when Joe's was til I saw your post. I used to remember when I saw you guys everyday!!! No biggie...