Saturday, November 15, 2008

HUGE PRAYER REQUEST

I just got some pretty bad news from my mom, then read it in an e-mail sent out my my Aunt. My cousin Kimmie that lives in Cadillac, her husband Dan, was just diagnosed with testicular cancer, and had surgery yesterday. Then they did a cat scan and found out that the cancer has spread to both his lungs and he needs to start a very aggressive chemo once he is healed from surgery! He will only be 42 in December. He is a proud daddy to a beautiful little girl and is expecting his son in March! Please keep them in your prayers! They need all the prayers they can get at this point! This is very scary because I was just watching the today show yesterday morning, and Matt was talking to a young man that has lung cancer and they said the survival rate is 15% for those patience's diagnosed with this! NOT SO GOOD!
Thanks everyone!
Tootles
~SHERRI~

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe Sherri, I'm so sorry. That is so sad and I'm sure your family is devastated. I hope that he is able to be cured and live a full and happy life. He'll be in our prayers.

Lisa said...

Sherri, I know where you are coming from. But please remember that lung cancer can be taken care of and my mom is proof of that. I do hope they caught it in time so they are able to help him. You and yours will be in my prayers. Keep your chin up kiddo

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks gals. In Church yesterday, Pastor had everyone pray for him, and told a little story about him having a wife and a new baby on the way, and he was only 41 and such and I started crying. Drew was acolyting and said he saw me crying! It's just really sad.

My Aunt said he has to go to Indiana for his chemp b/c they will do a very aggressive form on him there, which I guess is his only option! I'm not sure if the wife and daughter are going with him or what!