Sunday, March 2, 2008

Up dates from our week....










WOW, so it's been over a week since I've taken the time to post on here. I'll try to make this short and give you the gist of our week. Last friday after work, we drove to Lapeer and got a hotel with 2 other families from Drew's basketball team. They had a tourney at 9am on Saturday so we thought it would be fun to get a hotel with a pool and let the kids play. So that's what we did. The kids swam for about 3 hours, having a blast. Bryce is just a little fish, swimming with the big 5th graders, jumping in with them and just hanging with them. He did get a big angry when Drew went to a room with just the 5th grade boys and a dad, and Bryce had to come sleep in mom and dads room. Within 5 minutes, he was snoring and completely forgot. So Saturday morning we get up, eat breakfast and headed to North Branch. We won our 1st game but lost the 2nd game. Drew did go for 2 shots in the 2nd game and was fouled on both. He made 3 of 4 free throws.
Wednesday evening the 5th grade boys played the 5th grade girls in a "scrimmage" at St. Elizabeth. Oh my goodness what fun. I've heard that the girls wore their warm up gear to school and all had their hair in buns on the tops of their heads. Drew also informed me that the teachers were saying the girls were gonna win. While sitting there watching both teams warm up, the girls definitely did look a lot smoother then us. Little did the girls know, the boys have all hit their growing spirts and basically toppled over them for rebounds. We scored first and never looked back. At half time, Jade (our coaches daughter) talked to the 5th grade girls coach, and planned on surprising the boys by having her play on their team. She's in HIGH SCHOOL!!! LOL The boys were just shocked, while all the parents laughed. Jade being on the team didn't even faze the boys, and they still kept their cool, although not getting all the rebounds now, but still holding their own. Then coach Jen went in to help the girls. The non official score of the game was 50-30 BOYS!!! Drew informed us that it was bragging rights and that if the boys had lost to the girls, there would be no 5th grade boys basketball team players in school on Thursday!! LOL. The boys were playing their little hearts out to beat them girls. It was lots of fun and I hear another game is in the works.


Friday night we went to the Reese Rockets basketball game. Them poor boys. They played very good. I think towards the end, the officials picked who they wanted to win, and made it happen. We got some pretty bad calls on us. Oh well, it is what it is.


Saturday we spent all morning and afternoon between the Caro HS and middle school in our last 5th grade boys basketball tourney. We started at 9:50am, loosing in our first game. UGH Thank goodness it was a double elimination game. We won our 2nd game, now having to play again at 1pm. I needed to be to work at 2pm, but I called and asked the gal that was there if she'd stay a bit longer, so I could watch 1 more. I'm so grateful she said yes. So we started our 3rd game about 1:15pm winning that game as well. Which meant we played again at 2:40pm. I knew I needed to go, so I headed to work, but not before giving Drew a big hug and wishing him luck. I was in complete contact with Adam via texts and he was keeping me UTD!!! They won their 4th game, taking them into the semi-finals, where we lost steam. We ended up loosing the 5th game 22-18. So out of 8 teams we finished 3rd. Not bad. Drew has defiantly stepped up this year. He is part of the team and tries his hardest to help get them a win. He is very impressive and we are very proud of him. Maybe basketball is his calling, who knows...LOL. From what I hear now, the 5th grade boys want to play their moms!!! Oh my...I've never played basketball!!! We shall see if this happens. I suppose it would be fun. Drew plays with a GREAT bunch of kids, all of which have very awesome parents as well. We've all become pretty close over the last 2 months.


Oh yeah also some night this week, Bryce was laying on the couch with Molly. Adam thought it was too cute and told me to snap a picture, so I thought I'd share that as well. She goes to the vet on Wednesday for her rabies so I am sure we'll see how much she has grown yet again. She has been sooo great about potty training as well. While we were away Friday night, my parents watched both dogs at their new house (shocking) and there were no potty accidents!!! WTG Molly, LOL. Although "grandpa" did say next time leave the kids and take the dogs, b/c they do LOVE to fight!!! (louder the the boys even)
Today I had to work again. Now I am sitting here watching TV about to head to bed.

1 comment:

Cheryl and Doug said...

Couldn't wait to see your updates after getting off the boat. What a fun busy life you all have.