Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring is in the air...

I am hoping if I start Spring cleaning, maybe the weather will warm up. Yesterday I cleaned out the junk drawer and tossed lots of goodies. I also cleaned the shelves in the bathroom. (we have a HUGE shelving unit that I hate.) I tossed lots of things that I have had in there forever and obviously haven't used yet. I also took lots of different lotions to work, since we go thru so much there. Looks lots better and now I can actually see what I have in there and what we need.

So this morning, I decide to go clean the wooden shelving unit thingie in the garage. This is where we keep lots of our cleaning supplies, but other junk always seems to be tossed on it also. So I clean the top 2 shelves toss junk, go to the middle shelf where I see bird seed in a bag. Toss that and guess what is laying behind it?!?! AHHHHH a MOUSE!!!!! I am scared crap less of mice. I run in the house. Jumping up and down, screaming. Saying ok, settle down, wash your hands, put some rubber gloves on, get the little dust pan, and get rid of it. (I am seriously saying all this out loud to my-self!!) Daisey is just looking at me like she's lost it. So I get my gloves on, my heart is pounding out of my chest. I get the little dust pan and broom and go out in the garage. Some how I muster up enough courage to broom what I think is 1 mouse into the dust pan, and realize it's actually 2 little tiny baby ones. AFTER I over come my own fears, I toss them screaming the whole time (yes they are dead) and I call Adam. He said I sounded like I just ran a marathon. Anyways, I'm alive and the 2 baby mice are in the garbage!!

Tomorrow I'm hoping Adam, Bryce and I can get the rest of the garage cleaned. Drew is spending the night at a friends tonight. Bryce is our big helper anyways. Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

HAHA!!!!! I too HATE mice!!!! But the dead ones don't freak me so much but the live ones. Forget it! I'm gone!

Glad you survived and kudos to you on your spring cleaning. I wish I would get that bug.

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks glad I'm not the only chicken when it comes to something so tiny!! Ha