Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Up-date on my nephew

My sister called me on Monday afternoon, but with the storm on Sunday night, we lost power for awhile, and when that came back on, we found out that it had knocked out our dish and Internet. Adam was able to fix dish, but I was on a waiting list for Internet, therefore I was unable to post any up-dates. They came today and fixed us!! So we are back into the blogging world!! I had over 200 e-mails to read and had to catch up on every ones blogs and see the comments about an up-date on my nephew...so here goes.

They were told over the weekend to put warm compresses on the sore, and hopefully get the gunk to come to a head so they could squeeze it out at the Dr. office. I don't think it ever really came to a head, but she did take him back on Monday afternoon, and they found out that it is a staff infection, but the antibiotics they have him on are killing it. The swelling has gone down, but he does have quite a rash from the meds. His Dr would rather see the wound shrink and keep an eye on the rash, so I guess thats the plan for now. MRSA from what I understand is a form of a staff infection, but it has not been called MRSA. As long as the meds he is on keep killing it, and the swelling keeps going down, they will keep him on this, and just watch it all the time. So until I hear more, thats all I know for now. Please keep them in your prayers until he is completely out of the woods, but so far prayers have helped and he is getting better. Thanks so much for all your prayers and concerns.

Tootles
~SHERRI~

No comments: