Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lumber jacks

While attempting to mow the lawn last week, I got hit in the face by 2 medium size branches that had been snapped from the wind and storms we've had lately. I decided that maybe the boys would love to cut them down today on my day off. So off we were with the ladder and some hand saws. Drew informed me that he is a grown man and if he had the chain saw, it would have been much faster. He sawed and sawed and sawed, then I had to climb up, and saw a bit cuz his arm was getting sore, then he went back up and cut the rest. Then we went to the other branch, but it was a bit too high for Bryce, so he tried cutting it lower then where it broke off, but struggled a bit. I ended up doing that 1. They did cut down all the little things that were starting to grow around the bottom of the tree and now it looks really good. I think they had a good time. Enjoy the few pics I snapped of my lumber "MEN!


Medium sized lumber jack!!!


Littlest lumber jack!!!

2 comments:

Mingok said...

Oh how those boys love to climb trees! Such great fun! Trim up that willow tree! Grandma Kay Kay

sherri and Adam said...

The BIG lumber jack was in the willow tree last night with his big ladder, cutting down limbs that had broken off, but had gotten caught. He LOVE to cut the willow tree down all together, but thats a BIG project. Its such a dirty tree, UGH