Friday, May 2, 2008

Adam's Dr. appointment

Adam went to see a Dr. about his ankle injury from this winter's men's league basketball. Mid January he came down on from a lay-up and landed on someone elses foot. His ankle has been bothering him ever since. He got 3 x-rays today and we found out he didn't break it, thank goodness. Dr. believes he tore some ligaments. He goes Thursday night after work for a test at Bay Med to make sure he doesn't have metal in his eyes (yes weird I know all for a foot injury) but knowing where he works, and working on metal on a regular basis, he needs this done. Then Friday at 8:30am, he gets an MRI done on it. Once Dr. gets the MRI results back, we will go talk to him again, and see what he wants to do. Possibly therapy on it for awhile to get the ligaments back to normal. IF therapy doesn't do the trick, Dr did mention going in for surgery to fix the ligaments. BUT thats the last option. Thats after trying all the things Dr says. So lets pray the MRI is good, and that just therapy will work. That is all I know. Will keep you UTD when I know more.

Tootles
~SHERRI~

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Youch! Between your back and Adam's ankle...I don't know. Maybe it's time to put you both out to pasture. ;) J/k.

How did Bryce like Seussical? My boys thought it was boring, I thought it was ok. I've definitely seen better shows.

sherri and Adam said...

Yeah, we are definately showing our age...UGH. Bryce fell asleep on our bed last night and we struggled to get him up there, LOL. Adam of course carried him, but he was hurting a bit. Normally I would have knowing his ankle is still bugging him, but just thinking about that scares me.

Bryce said he liked it. I thought it was boring, and of course sitting in the chairs and riding the bus, hurt my back. I couldn't wait for it to get over, but then we still sat there forever waiting for our bus!! Oh well. Hard to believe school is almost done.

Dawn said...

Yep, time is a flying. Only what 4 weeks left of school? Unbelievable. My class has something planned each week so I'm sure June will be here before we know it.

I hope you are feeling better. The bus, and sitting for so long must have been torture on your back.