Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sherri's a college student

So it's official.....I start school on June 1st at Ross medical in Saginaw. I will be taking the 30 week course on medical assistant, and will then be able to do many things! Some of my opportunities include but are not limited to......lab assistant, medical biller, chiropractic assistant, phlebotomist, EKG tech, medical receptionist, pulmonary-function tech, medical records, pharmacy clerk, medical secretary, dialysis assistant, and admitting clerk! I will be in school Mon-Fri from 8:15am-12:35pm for 24 weeks. After the 24 weeks are done, I will start my externship in an office that I may eventually work at full time! I am extremely excited and ready to do something with my life. Although I LOVED doing day care in my home when my kids were young, I knew it wasn't something I'd do forever. When Citgo closed in September, I looked into getting in the PTA program at Delta, and recently learned there is a 5 year wait for clinicals....Drew will be in college by then. Adam and I have talked and think this is a GREAT opportunity for me and something I am very ready to do. According to all my paperwork, my last day of my 30 week program, including the 6 week of externship, my last day will be Christmas day 2009. Not that any Dr.s offices are open that day anyway! So wish me luck! : )~
Tootles
~SHERRI~

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Congrats on taking this big step! I'm sure it will be a very rewarding experience.

Lauri said...

Sherri, what a wonderful path you've chosen! I know how hard it is to return to school, so my thoughts are with you. But you'll do great and it'll give you such a boost to contribute to society in a whole new way. I know your family is so proud. Congrats!

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks girls!

Cheryl and Doug said...

We are very proud you have taken this step giant step forward. Your children are watching you and will take this into their lives too.

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks "mom" I want to make my family proud! I dropped out of school to be a mommy but now it's time to do something with my life....so I can send my children to college!

Mingok said...

About time your going back to school, still wish you'd have stayed in school many many years ago! I will be a good challenge for you now! Love, MOM