Friday, December 5, 2008

A not so good start to our basketball season!

Adam had his first basketball game for the season, and it was a bit embarrassing. Our guys were extremely rusty and basically got their butts spanked! We lost 51 to 33. I don't think we had more then 10 points in the first half. It was pretty ugly. It was great to go watch him play because I really do enjoy going to his games, but it was pretty bad. Adam did play with his still sore finger, and he is still wearing his ankle brace but he said on the way home, he wasn't able to grab the ball like he wanted to with his left hand, because that finger is still sore and it's the longest finer, so it gets hit first. All the guys had a bad game, including Adam who missed 2 lay ups, and only scored while at the free throw line. I think he had fun and thank goodness he wasn't pissie after! At half time, I had to laugh because Carl got them in a huddle and said, I think we are out of shape! Ya think!!! I am just very glad they didn't get put into the A league and aren't playing in the big gym! That would have been VERY ugly! Anyways, just wanted to post about his game, since I know Nanny reads this in FL. See you in a few days actually!
Tootles
~SHERRI~

3 comments:

Cheryl and Doug said...

I was wondering how he did. Hope the next games are better and also that he doesn't hurt himself even more...

Dawn said...

Tell Adam he's too old to be playing basketball...time to switch to golf or bowling. hehe j/k. Hope the team improves.

sherri and Adam said...

ha...he'd love to do basketball, golf and bowling, and don't forget he still plays fast pitch softball!!! I guess that's what I get for marrying someone that loves his sports! We have a game tonight so hopefully we'll have our game faces on and kick some butt!