Friday, April 24, 2009

PRAYERS NEEDED!!!!

Please everyone pray for my cousin Kim, her husband Dan, and their two children Onalee and Zane. I posted awhile ago about him battling lung cancer. They had hoped they had gotten it all, and he was allowed to go back to work. Well I just got an e-mail with up-dates on him. It's not good! Here is what my cousin Kimmie had to say!

Yesterday, Dan and I went in for his first monthly check. His CT scan from last Sunday was not the same as his past one. The areas on both lungs are growing and the doctor seems concerned. (This of course was not the news we were hoping for.) He did go back to work today after 7 months and seemed to be excited about it.

As of today the game plan is Dan will enter Munson Hospital again in Traverse City for another week of Chemo this Monday April 27 through May 1. This is to keep the cancer "at bay." The doctor will have time to set up appointments to either to U of M, a hospital in Detroit or I U (Indiana University). At the hospital of choice they would the do a stem cell transplant. They will harvest and store Dans OWN stem cells then under go heavy dose of chemo and run his blood counts to near zero then transplant the stem cells back into him. This will then renew our lives again. The process will take approximately three weeks in the hospital and he will come home to recover for three months, GERM FREE ENVIRONMENT. I might have to ship the kids out for a couple days or weeks since Onalee is always bringing something home from daycare.

To the good news, Zane is growing fast and is healthy. He still has his nights and days mixed up but that is the life with a new born!! Onalee loves her pre school and is very sharp. I go back to work soon to ease into the routine again and I guess our house hold needs a little routine. Keep up the prayers, faith, family, and friends are invaluable.

Love,
Kim


Thanks everyone! I will up-date as I hear more! PRAY PRAY PRAY! Thank you!
Tootles
~SHERRI~

4 comments:

Lauri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauri said...

So sorry to hear about your cousin's family. I will keep them in my prayers. (And sorry, I messed up my first comment!)

Dawn said...

How sad Sherri, I hope the stem cell transplant works. Sounds like it's a very intense treatment. The family will be in my prayers.

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks girls! I'll keep you up-dated when I hear more!