Friday, February 13, 2009

The Cass River floods Vassar!

Our washing machine died....boo hoo so I was forced to head into Vassar this morning with 8 loads of laundry this morning. I must have been sleeping still and missed the detour signs (I don't think they were there) and had to call Adam when I didn't know how to get across the river in a different spot! I just needed to get across, and down about 2 miles.....but I was blinded by ooogggling at all the water going across the street, that I missed it. I did make it to the laundry mat, then came back into town, and realized coming from that direction, you can easily see the detour signs. I made it across right in town but snapped a few pictures along the way!


The top of a fire hydrant!



This is a "sled" Drew uses for football practice!


Look at the mail boxes! CRAZY!


Some place in Vassar, forgot where I took this one!


This is behind Betty Lou's and the bars!

Parking lot!

Down town!

Parking lot behind Betty Lou's

Another shot of their parking lot!

Parking lot!
After school I gave the boys the option of going home or looking at the flooding in Vassar. They choose to see the flooding. We drove thru and saw more then I did in the morning. The "sled" picture is the football practice field! Bryce said that's just crazy!
Tootles
~SHERRI~

2 comments:

Dawn said...

A mercury spill, a flood, what disaster is coming next as they come in 3's??? Wait don't answer that.

Such an exciting February. Love your pics.

sherri and Adam said...

Gosh I hope nothing else happens! LOL yesterday was Friday the 13th, and when I went into Vassar and missed the detour signs, had to drive thru tuscola to cross the river, I just wanted to go back home and skip yesterday.....although normally I don't let those days get to me either...it started out bad...LOL