Monday, January 12, 2009

Up-date on my cousin's husband!

Hi all. I got an e-mail from my Aunt with an up-date on my cousin Kim's husband who has lung cancer. I thought maybe some of you that were keeping them in your prayers would want to know!

This is what she had to say!Dan seems to be doing O.K. The chemo treatments do not make him nauseous, he is blotted and is always tired. He has lost all of his hair and unable to tan his head, looks rather strange. He's always wearing a hat and always has a big SMILE. Yes, he has completely stopped smoking but enjoying a beer once in a while! He will spend next week (Mon. through Fri.) in the Traverse City Hospital again for his third chemo treatment. Kim and Onalee get real lonesome that week and it sounds like he will have to do at least one more treatment for sure. His blood work has been good ( a plus) but we don't know anymore. They said some spots on his lungs have shrunk but he still has many more to go. They may try the Cyber knife next but we don't know where or when.

His wife (my cousin) is pregnant and having a scheduled c-section on March 12th. She has been good so far and is hanging in there. She did just develop Gestational Diabetes but is being closely watch. She will be 43 next month I believe! Anyways, please keep them in your prayers, as it seems to be helping! Thanks guys!
Love ya all!
~SHERRI~

No comments: