Monday, January 12, 2009

I've hit 1 year!

Hard to believe I've been blogging for 1 year tomorrow! I wasn't sure if I started it on Bryce's birthday or a few days before, so I had to go back and look. Tomorrow my baby turns 7! Where the bleep has the time gone?!?! It's unbelievable to me that 7 years ago today I was induced! So crazy!

What's even crazier is that my little buddy Emily Brandt has been gone for 20 years tomorrow. (it may be 19 but I am almost positive it's 20!) Wow I cried a lot today just thinking of where I was 20 years ago, and how it all went down. I think about Emily ALL the time and I miss her more and more every day! She was taken away from us way way too young! 6 years old just isn't fair! Although she was only here for 6 years, she was such an amazing little girl and meant so much to me! She was my buddy and now she watches over my little buddy! She is definitely Bryce's guardian Angel. I sit here right now thinking about how crazy it is that Bryce was born on Jan 13th! Adam and I had tried for about 4 months before I got pregnant and I think it must have taken 4 months for a reason! I know she is watching over him and she will be on his shoulder thru out his life. Although he never got to meet her, she's with him! How I miss her! Tomorrow my brother and I are meeting at the funeral home for an old neighbor who passed away on Saturday (which was Adam's 32nd birthday) Mike Studders R.I.P. I also plan on going to Emily's grave site! It's hard to do this with snow on the ground, because her grave stone sits level with the grass, but just being there where she is on the death of her anniversary will mean a lot to me.

I don't want to end this on a sad note, so I'll end it on a HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY tomorrow BRYCE! I LOVE YOU!

Thanks for letting my pour my heart out. Emily Brandt I miss you more and more all the time and I look at your pictures all the time!
Tootles
~SHERRI~

3 comments:

B's Mom said...

Hey Sherri! Congrats on the one year mark!

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks Brenna's mom!

sherri and Adam said...

Ha That's Holly.....I couldn't think of who you were! Now I get to keep up on your blogs! thanks for leaving me a comment! Got to go read yours now!