Sunday, August 10, 2008

CONCERT!!!

We got home from vacation on Friday. On Saturday after picking the dogs up from "A walk in the woods" Dawn (from my work) and I went to Ford Field to see an amzaing concert. We first met up with her sister Bonnie and Bonnie's friend Suzie who live near there. We met them at Hockey Town Cafe for a few beers and a few shots! The concert was GREAT! Gary Allen opened up, then Leann Rymes took the stage, then came the man we went to see KEITH URBAN!! then the head liner was Kenny Chesney! We listened to Gary Allen while walking around and eating, stood around watching bits and pieces of Leann Rymes then took our seats. For those of you that don't know Dawn, she is a HUGE Keith Urban fan. Her husband even bought her a license plate for her vehicle that says ILOVEKU. It was great. Dawn was screaming and even crying before he came on stage. They played a song, and made it look like he was walking down the road to the stage and he appeared! Dawn was CRYING and SCREAMING!!! It was so funny! He did an amazing show. I had never seen him in concert. Dawn says this was her 11th time seeing him. He was on stage for a little over an hour. Kenny Chesney came on and did a great show too!! He even had Uncle Cracker on stage with him for 1 song! Anyways, it was great. Dawn and I had an amazing time along with her sister and cousin. Enjoy the pics!





Dawn having a beer at the bar before the concert.








Suzie and Bonnie pretending they are touching Kenny somewhere! LOL






Dawn and Sherri at the concert.






Suzie and Bonnie at concert.




Dawn screaming as Keith Urban comes on stage!



Keith Urban


Keith Urban



Keith Urban




We had a blast. I got home at 3am...LOL

Tootles
~SHERRI~

3 comments:

Cheryl and Doug said...

I am glad you had such a good time! It's great to have girlfriends.

Dawn said...

I have a friend who is madly in love with Kenny and swears and always wears a Mrs. Chesney shirt. I hear that he always puts on a great show. Good for you getting to go. I haven't been to a concert in probably almost 10 years.

sherri and Adam said...

Dawn~these tickets went on sale Feb 9th, my birthday was Feb 8th, so Dawn bought my ticket for me. She wanted to go of course cuz her man was there, and she'd been wanting her and I to see him together! I hadn't been to a concert in about 4 years.....can't remember who I saw last though, nothing great. We had a blast though this time!