Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Puppy pictures!

Sorry I'm so busy lately! Our bathroom is in the process of getting redone. I'm in school every day and study every night. Baseball....although Bryce is almost done.....Adam is still playing. Now we have puppies to play with and care for. We started with 11. We have 9 left. 1 went to the vet on Monday morning, and due to the extreme hernia, the vet thought it best to put her to sleep. Everyone else was doing amazing including mommy.....til this afternoon when we had an accident. Molly has a huge crate with her puppies in it, and she needs to adjust her self. Well she's so big and isn't used to having to watch where she rolls. We've caught it every time.....til this afternoon. I was in the kitchen and the boys were playing with their cousins. I came in to check on them and saw that Molly had rolled backward, and was sun bathing her tummy. Naturally I count puppies and only count 9.....I counted again and still 9. I start freaking out, and reached under Molly where I pulled out a puppy. I don't know how long she was under there but it was too long! I feel like I failed b/c I didn't catch it in time and am now too scared to leave her alone! So today has been an extremely sad day for us. We buried the puppy in the back yard and Bryce picked out a cute stone......I think we'll make a cross and maybe paint a name on the stone for the pup! Anyways.....enough! Here are some picks. They are extremely adorable and we just love them to death!!!
Speckled sun bathers!
Giving Mommy some love!
Let's see.....she weighs less the 1 pound!

All cuddled in a pile to stay warm!


Got tons to get done. I think my maid forgot to show up today so I have to pick up her slack!
tootles
~SHERRI~

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe they are so cute! So sorry you lost another. What a case of bad luck. Will come out sometime next week. Can't wait to hold one.

sherri and Adam said...

Sounds good! thanks Dawn! I slept in here on the floor last night (or at least tried to) so I could hear when she moved around or rolled over. I can't wait til they are a little bigger and they move out from under her on their own!

Cheryl and Doug said...

I know you were very sad to see one of the puppies die but never believe it is your fault. You are doing a great job. Hope to get over soon but this is the week to watch Ainsley Mon night til Friday.

mrs.notouching said...

Hi - just found your blog through Dawn. If my husband would let me we would have a house full of dogs - mostly pugs. When I retire I will open a "pug farm". Your puppy pictures are KILLING me! You are living my dream!

P.S. Sorry about the pup... and pp is right - definitely not your fault.