Monday, September 7, 2009

RIP Daisey!

Our 6.5 year old pug passed away yesterday! Such an extremely sad day, and another one today when we bury her. Thursday this past week, when I was in class, the boys said she had an accident in the computer room....VERY unlike her. Ever since then, she would hardly eat, so we thought she had a tummy ache, or maybe the flu. She did follow me up-stairs Saturday night, which is normal Dasiey. Yesterday we were getting ready to go to Caseville and Adam tried to get her out of her crate to go in the garage with the bassets. He called for me b/c she was trying to walk and fell over. I picked her up, and put her on the blanket in the garage (they can get out to their fenced area from the doggie door) and tried to get her to lick some calcium off my finger. Her teeth were clenched shut. Adam and I talked about it, and I was going to call the vet on Tuesday and get her in after class. Off to Caseville we went to spend the day at the beach with my parents who are camping. The boys saw how bad she looked and knew we were unsure what condition she'd be in when we got home, but no one expected to see what we did when we got home. The 2 bassets came running out to greet us, and Daisey was laying on the blanket. i looked at her from a ways away and didn't see her breathing. Drew and I peeked at her, then I made him go inside. I checked on Daisey and she was cold as could be. She was dead. I told Adam she was, and we were all shocked. I got Bryce out of the car, who was sleeping and told him, then walked in and told Drew. We all walked out together to look at her. Everyone crying. We still had a basset hound puppies for sale sign in our front yard, although we had decided to keep the last puppy. I told the boys it was fitting for them to go take the sign down together, so they did. We won't be selling our last baby basset, although she will most certainly not replace our pug Daisey, she will be loved and make things a little easier on the boys! Daisey will be buried today and I'll have my dad make a cross for her. I'm sure today will be a hard day too! RIP Dasiey....we love you and miss you already!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe Sherri, I'm so sorry about Daisey. I remember when you got her. She was too young to go. I hope you guys do okay this week. I'm glad you have one puppy left, it was meant to be I guess in a sad turn of events.

So sorry.

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks Dawn! God does things for a reason, and somehow he knew he was gonna take Daisey soon, so he made sure we didn't sell the last baby!

Lauri said...

So sorry to hear about Daisey. I'm sure you guys will make lots of happy memories with the new puppy!

Lauri said...

So sorry to hear about Daisey. I'm sure you guys will make lots of happy memories with the new puppy!

sherri and Adam said...

Thanks Lauri....she's special, thats for sure!